Monday 28 May 2012

Loving the 'big' of it.

Yes, I know, I haven't blogged for a while.....but, I have to say quite honestly I have been totally immersed in my work, which is a good thing!  The balancing act of study, work, play has been challenging.  I still love to play, but need to work so as I can play, and then of course I must study.  Things I have been doing over the last few weeks involve a lot of looking.  That is, looking at images, reading, critiquing, standing back....being objective, taking away the subjective....not that easy!  I have been reading 'Percept, affect and concept' from What is philosophy? There's a lot of heavy reading in this chapter but what I got out of it, is that there are three elements of art.....the 'flesh', the 'house' and the 'universe'.  I'm not going to go into it just now, but I dare you to!  It's made me think of a work of art in a whole different way....something like the way we think of life itself, what is real, what is a living thing?  Is art a living thing?  It is all so 'beautifully big!'


I've been fascinated with the work of Annie Vaught, http://annievought.com/category/art/paper-cuts/
The power of the word, the story, the narrative of text.
Another artist I love is Helen Pynor, http://www.helenpynor.com/  Her work is so powerfully poetic....


And finally, Jeanette Scharing, and her gorgeously formatted work...
www.jeanettescharing.net/


Explore and Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment