Friday 24 February 2012

Feel the fear and do it anyway....

It's totally over-rated.....feel the fear (leg buckling, heart racing, brain burning!) and do it anyway?  Cripes!  Why, why am I doing this again???  Tomorrow I am presenting in front of a very academic crowd.  Normally I would be ok with this but after todays critiquing experience I seem to have lost all my focus.  It's all those big words that get me!  I need one of those art speak dictionaries uploaded into my overworked brain immediately!  Having said all that, I have to admit I am quite excited at the prospect of stretching my art practice beyond all my self inflicted boundaries.  I will be enriched by my trials and tribulations.  I have faith that the anxiety and worry I am feeling now is perfectly normal and all part of the  feeling of the fear syndrome.  I am not alone.  Learning to learn again is a journey for us all.  I will embrace it head on and do it anyway (this time tomorrow I will be relaxing, wine in hand, with my gorgeous and talented new friends.)

No comments:

Post a Comment